To ensure those personnel required to manage safely and effectively, do so in compliance with both their organisation’s policy and best practice in health and safety.
- Safety management systems, the role of risk assessment and how safety management links with other aspects of management
- Reactive monitoring, including which incidents have to be reported etc.
- Risk assessment and risk control, including making an inventory of sources of hazards, identifying hazards associated with each source
- Preparing and using active monitoring checklists and implementing schedules for active monitoring
- Organising and conducting safety management reviews
- Identifying relevant legislation and obtaining advice or guidance
- Managing the sources of hazards addressed in Working Safely
This three-day course is approved by IOSH and the syllabus can be tailored to meet the specific conditions of the delegate’s industry.
Examination – A written assessment and practical risk assessment will be undertaken at the end of the course 60% or more must be achieved in both to entitle the candidate to receive a Managing Safely certificate issued by IOSH.
This course is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector and any organisation
Benefits to the individual
On completion of this course individuals will have increased health and safety awareness in the workplace and will be able to carry out risk assessments in a confident manner.
Benefits to the organisation
This course provides managers within organisations with the skills to review their own departmental systems for safety, introduce new controls and implement changes as appropriate to make the department work more safely.
Secure your place now!
Please chose from the dates and locations listed below. Select the number of attendees and book to secure your place today.
If none of the dates are suitable, please get in touch with your prefered dates and we will see what we can do.
|Date/Time||Location||No of Delegates|
Have a question?
Not quite ready to book yet and have a question for us?
Make an enquiry
Mandatory fields are marked with *